By Kyle & Olivia Brady | Founders of Drivin' & Vibin' | We use affiliate links and may receive a small commission on purchases.
Reporting on ModVans from the 2019 California RV Show in Fontana, California. This event features the latest 2020 RV models and newest RV technology. We’re bringing you this exclusive info-series thanks to our partners at RV Trip Wizard & RV Life.
2020 ModVans on Ford Transit 4×4
What happens when you combine modular design and van life? ModVans, of course! These beautiful Ford Transit van conversions can take you way off road and give you plenty of room to relax.
Today we’ll be diving deep into the specs and features of ModVans van conversions. We’ll also show you how their pricing works!
How Much do ModVans Cost?
There’s a few ways to go about pricing with ModVans. Firstly (and most basic), you can purchase the ModVan CV1 base unit for $78,475.
Secondly (and much more fun), you can use their interactive price menu to add on different features. It allows you to build out your own custom van.
ModVans also breaks down unique RV financing vs regular vehicle financing. Below is a screen shot from their website show how this works. If you want to learn more, here’s the ModVans price comparison page.
What are the Base Features on ModVans?
ModVans doesn’t skimp on their base units. They all include great design, camping, and driving features. Here’s what the base models offer:
- 2nd Row Camp Mode and Transit Mode
- Strong, lightweight, fully removable conversion
- Downstairs Bed
- Popup Top
- Modular Storage
- Modular Bathroom
- Rear Windows
- LED Lighting System
- Sleeps 4 adults
- Available 300 Watt Solar Charging System
- 2,000 Watt (6,000 Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter / chassis generator
- Extra Large 2 Burner Propane Stove
- Deep Undermount Sink
- 3 Cubic Foot high efficiency, compressor based refrigerator
- Full Height Cassette Toilet with privacy curtain
- Dedicated House Battery System
- 10,000 BTU Rooftop A/C
- 1,500 Watt Electric Heater
- 14,000 BTU Propane heater
- LED Lighting System
- 10 gallon Propane System
- 10 Gallon Fresh Water System
Ford Transit Features
- Ford Transit 150 Chassis (T350 available)
- Fuel Efficient 3.5-liter PFDi V6 Engine
- Available 3.5L EcoBoost® Direct Injection, Twin Turbo V6
- Available All Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Available 4×4/4 Wheel Drive
- 10-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission with SelectShift
- Limited Slip Rear Differential
- Leather seats with seat belts for 5 adults
- Bluetooth Stereo with LCD display, backup camera, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Heavy Duty Towing Package
- Heavy Duty Alternator
- Cruise Control
- Backup Camera
- Remote Keyless-Entry Keypad
- AutoLamp with Rain-Sensing Wiper
- Dual Note Horn
- Co-Pilot360™ with Forward Collision Warning, Post-Collision Braking, Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane-Keeping System and Auto High-Beam Headlamps
- Available Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Coverage
- Available Advanced Driver Assistance Package with Front and Rear Split-View Camera, Enhanced Active Park Assist, Side Sensing System, Reverse Sensing System and Front Fog Lamps
Trip Planning with a Conversion Van
Even with a conversion van, proper trip planning can save you time & money. We use RV Trip Wizard to route our cross country trips. With tools like budgeting and gas planning, we can easily travel within our means.
You can also avoid steep passes, tolls and tunnels when you select the appropriate filters. Give RV Trip Wizard a try for free!
The Best FREE Camping in the USA
We love camping across this amazing country. And, we really love it when its free. Here’s our list of the 20 Best Free Campsites in the USA.
If you haven’t tried free camping before, also known as boondocking, take a look at our beginners guide to boondocking filled with everything you need to know to get started.