If you are hoping to attend the 2023 Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta, it’s time to look for back up plans.
Being one of the most popular RV activities of the year, the event sold out in what seems to be record time.
We’ve got all the details below, including back up plans to help you book your nearby campsite.
What is the Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta?
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is an annual event in Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States, where hot air balloons from all over the world are launched in mass ascensions. The event features a variety of activities such as balloon glows, competitions, and musical performances. It is the largest hot air balloon event in the world.
Additionally, the beautiful setting of Albuquerque and the opportunity to see a wide variety of hot air balloons make the event a unique and enjoyable experience for many visitors.
When is the 2023 Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta?
The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta for 2023 is scheduled to be held from October 7 to 15.
Times, schedules, and activities can be apt to change, so keep in eye on their official website for any modifications to the event time.
Why Did The Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta Sell Out of RV Campsites So Quickly?
In a remartkable 70 minutes all camping spots were scooped up. Here’s what the Festival had to say on their Twitter account:
“Balloon Fiesta has closed the RV and Camping Reservations for the 2023 event. According to Staylist, when online reservations opened at 9am the website site was receiving 2.5 million requests a second for reservations; 60,436 were different users.”
They continue with:
“The servers remained stable and a waiting list was activated. It took about 70 minutes for all of the 1,785 RV spaces available at Balloon Fiesta Park to be reserved for the 2023 event.
There are 3,000 names on the RV waiting list. Balloon Fiesta will spend the coming weeks confirming reservations and working with guests on the waitlist on any reservation opportunities for the event.”
Are There Nearby RV Parks and Campgrounds?
Yes, there are RV parks in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Some popular options include:
- Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post: A family-friendly RV park located on historic Route 66, offering full hookups, a swimming pool, and a playground.
- Sandia RV Park: A clean and well-maintained RV park located near the Sandia Mountains, offering full hookups, a swimming pool, and a laundry facility
- Balloon View RV Park: Spacious sites that can accommodate large RVs
- American RV Resort: One of the most famous Albuquerque RV resorts.
- Palisades RV Park: Well located and economical rates.
Please note that RV parks availability and amenities may change from time to time, so it’s always best to check the official websites of the RV parks or other online resources for the most up-to-date information.
Things to Do in Albuquerque
There are many things to do in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Some popular options include:
- Visit Old Town Albuquerque: This historic area features a variety of shops, restaurants, and museums, as well as the San Felipe de Neri Church and the Old Town Albuquerque Plaza.
- Sandia Peak Tramway: Take a scenic ride on the Sandia Peak Tramway to the top of the Sandia Mountains for panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area.
- ABQ BioPark: This combination zoo, aquarium, and botanic garden features a wide variety of animals and plants, as well as educational exhibits and programs.
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center: Learn about the history and culture of the region’s Native American tribes at this museum and cultural center.
- Rio Grande Valley State Park: Enjoy hiking, biking, and picnicking along the Rio Grande River.
- Petroglyph National Monument: See ancient rock carvings, or petroglyphs, made by Native Americans in the area, and explore the park’s hiking trails.
- Museum of Natural History & Science: Learn about the natural history of New Mexico and the Southwest through interactive exhibits, live animals, and dioramas.
- National Museum of Nuclear Science & History: Learn about the history of nuclear energy and the role it has played in shaping our world.
Is the Albuquerque Ballon Fiesta Worth a Visit?
Yes. The fiesta is a rite of passage for RVers. You’ll find the event on virtually every camper’s bucket list.
Don’t the the quick sell-out scare you away. If you start your trip planning now, you’ll still be able to find other camping options. They just might not be as close.
Discover the Best Free Camping Across the USA
To be honest with you, we hate paying for camping. There are so many free campsites in America (with complete privacy).
You should give it a try!
As a matter of fact, these free campsites are yours. Every time you pay federal taxes, you’re contributing to these lands.
Become a FREE CAMPING INSIDER and join the 100,000 campers that love to score the best site!
We’ll send you the 50 Best Free Campsites in the USA (one per state). Access the list by submitting your email below: